Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Playing with VOKIS!!!!!

I have just discovered a site where i can create my own vokis!!! This is so much fun, and very easy to do. It is a matter of clicking and selecting options to create the desired person of your choice and then create a voice for them using one of four methods available!! Check out my Voki!!! This would be a great tool to use in the classroom, especially for younger grades!!

Thanks to http://www.voki.com/create.php for allowing me to create my own voki!!


Get a Voki now!

4 comments:

  1. Thats really cool Kirsti! I agree, it would be a fantastic tool for the younger grades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon!! And a I agree!! I believe that the younger grades would benefit greatly from using Vokis, as you can change the voice/ language that the voki speaks and the pace of speech that the voki talks by spacing the words out etc. I believe that this tool fitsin well with the engagement theory, as the engagement theaory is all about having engaged children which in turn will mean more learning, and not just more learning but more effective learning!!! I also believe that they are more likely to remember and retain more of the knowledge taught. Thank you for your insight and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought about using Vokis in the way that the students could be interacting with someone travelling around the world. Meaning the teacher would make up an adventurer that travels the world. The teacher could post the voki into a blog and have the students check it each week or every few days. You could make the voki anyone you want and have the travel anywhere in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Theresa I had thought about that!! I think it is a great idea and there are numerous more uses out there that I am yet to discover!! I love these tools and think they are the coolest!! They are also one of the most engaging tools I have discovered.

    ReplyDelete