Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Video and Flickr!! - TOOL 10

I decided to look into using video as a learning tool in the classroom and discovered that there are numerous uses for video in the learning environment. I found a video about poverty and thought to myself... I could use this as a stimulas to begin a unit of work, or to use within a unit of work to act as a learning object for my students. This is the video below...



Thanks to earlb.com on Flickr to allow me to use this video for purposes of my assignment.

I thought wow!! I could simply play the video and then have questions or statements organised to get my students thinking about the severity of this problem and what they could do to help ease the poverty problem. I believe I could use this with younger students to older students by simply changing its purpose and design of the stimulas to suit the learners needs for the given unit of work that is being implemented at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment